Terms and Conditions
Crazy Model Trains Terms and Conditions
Using the Site
- We try hard to make the site as simple as possible. The navigation is based on the Scale/Gauge, Type of item, and the Brand. On the left side of the site, we use filters to narrow down your search. We are always trying to improve this feature to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- The search feature on our site is powerful. If you know the part number, in most cases it will come up.
- If you can’t find something on the site, it may be out of stock. We only list items that are in stock. When an item goes out of stock, we remove the listing.
- Crazy Model Trains also sells on eBay and Amazon. The inventory for all three sites is tied together using inventory software. If something sells on eBay our software will update the quantities on the other sites. Because this process could take 10-30 minutes to update it’s possible to over sell an item (it doesn’t happen often). You might add an item to your cart and checkout, but the item may have been sold on eBay or Amazon a few minutes earlier. When this happens, you will be refunded for the item. We do not backorder items and we do not support pre-orders currently.
- Pictures of the products come from the manufacturers. Most of these are stock photos of the products but some are concept pictures. Example, a manufacturer produces a new locomotive, they will use a concept photo before they receive the new locomotives. Sometimes the colors may vary, and the detail may be missing.
- When a manufacturer does a run of locomotives or other rolling stock, they may only take one picture and use the same picture for all the road numbers. ALWAYS go by the road number in the title.
- When ordering, check your cart before checking out. Make sure you’re purchasing the correct Scale/Gauge products. 50% of unnecessary returns are due to the wrong scale being purchased.
- When you go through the checkout process, you’ll see your shipping cost.
- For our protection, and yours, we verify Addresses, Phone Numbers, and Email Address to your Name. Please use a valid phone number and email address that is tied to your name. We won’t use your number for any marketing campaigns, we use it to verify that you put the order in. We will only call you if there is an issue with your order. This is the same with your Email address. We only email you marketing material if you sign up for it. Regarding higher value orders we may call you to verify you put the order in. We sometimes have kids that love trains and will purchase an expensive item with mom or dad’s credit card with them not knowing.
- With high value orders we may require a valid picture ID with your name and address to be emailed or texted.
- Currently we use PayPal as our credit card transaction processor. PayPal accepts MASTERCARD, VISA, DISCOVER, AMERICAN EXPRESS, PAYPAL, and PAYPAL LATER
- The billing address must match your bank’s credit card billing address. If it doesn’t match, your card will be declined. If you try three times you will be locked out for 24 hours.
- If the order doesn’t go through the first time, check with your bank before trying again. Sometimes the bank fraud protection may deny the transaction until they verify you were trying to make the purchase.
- We do not accept Checks or Money Orders.
- Crazy Model Trains does not ship to Hotel's, Motel's, or Bed and Breakfasts. Other Restrictions may apply.
- Freight Forwarder, Special Parcel Lockers, or Shipping services beyond the ship to address.
- If you use one of these services, our responsibility ends when the item shows delivered to the address you provided us.
- Crazy Model Trains shall not be responsible for any loss, damage, or fraudulent activity of any kind for shipments sent to such addresses.
- Customers that choose to use these services do so at their own risk.
- We Reserve the Right to Cancel Any Order at Any Time for Any Reason.
- Currently with only ship to the US and Canada.
- Our site is secured using GeoTrust Secure Certificate. All your information including your credit Card information is secure.
- Once an order is placed, we will ship (In Most Cases) within one business day.
- If an order is put in early enough, it may ship the same day.
- The warehouse is closed on weekends, if you order on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday it will ship on Monday. If Monday is a holiday your items will ship on Tuesday.
- We ship most items in boxes with packing material.
- When possible, we may ship small light weight items in padded poly bags to save money.
Shipping Services We Use
- USPS – Ground Advantage, and Priority Mail.
- USPS no longer supports First Class Mail or Parcel Select
- FedEx - Home Delivery, and Ground
- We use best way shipping, lowest cost.
- Items Under five Pounds will Ship using the new USPS Ground Advantage
- If USPS Priority Mail is less expensive, we will use it.
- Items Over five Pounds Will Ship FedEx (In Most Cases)
- In order to receive tracking information, you must provide a valid email address.
- Tracking will be sent to your email as soon as the item ships.
- Using your tracking number, you can go to the carrier’s website and check the location of your item.
- Sometimes the USPS will scan an item “delivered” before it is delivered.
- Give it at least one business day to show up. Sometimes the carrier may scan the item before they deliver the item.
- If you don’t receive your item after waiting one full business day for it showing delivered, contact your local post office with the tracking number. I’m in FL and you’re within a few miles of your post office, you will have a much greater chance of recovering your package.
- Carriers use a handheld Mobile Delivery Device (MDD) to scan and transmit package tracking data. MDDs use the cellular network and Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to obtain real-time delivery tracking and location information. If the carrier delivered to the wrong address the post office should know where it was delivered.
- Order Cancellations
- Once you purchase, Crazy Model Trains is charged a transaction fee from our transaction processor. That charge is 5% and is non-refundable.
- If you enter an order and then decide to cancel it before it ships, there will be a 5% charge. You will receive a refund of 95% of your entire order cost.
- If you enter the wrong shipping address, and need to change it before the order ships, you will need to cancel the order. Canceling an order will have a 5% charge. You will need to reenter the order with the correct address.
- If you want to cancel an order after it ships, there will be a 15% restocking charge plus the cost of the shipping. To avoid paying return shipping cost you must refuse the package if you can.
- If you refuse a package for any reason, there will be a 15% restocking charge.
- For all returns, for any reason, please contact Bill at 240-367-6067 or email@example.com for an approved RMA. Once you receive an RMA you have 14 days to return the item. Items not received within 14 Days will void the RMA and you will lose your return rights. Items that come back without an authorized RMA will be returned. Please include your order number and a description of the issue in the package.
- IF YOU PLAN TO RETURN AN ITEM DO NOT OPEN THE ITEM! WE DO NOT SUPPORT TRY AND BUYS. OPENED ITEMS COULD HAVE UP TO 50% RESTOCKING FEE!!! IF YOU OPEN AN ITEM, IT CAN'T BE RESOLD AS NEW!!! DO NOT TAPE ANYTHING TO THE PRODUCT OR THE PRODUCT PACKAGING. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY RETURN
- Ordered by Mistake or Ordered the Wrong Item
- The following conditions apply to returns:
- Items must be in "new, unaltered and unused condition".
- Item must be in original box unopened with no damage to the package or packaging (we need to be able to resell that product as new)
- Return request must be within 30 calendar days of the order date.
- Special orders or custom orders will not be refunded.
- Customer pays all shipping costs to and from their location. Shipping cannot be refunded.
- Mail item back to the return address on your received package.
- There is a 15% restocking fee for unopened returned items. That is 15% of the items' price you paid.
- Refunds are contingent upon inspection of item(s) once we receive it.
- Items that don’t meet the above conditions could result in a 50% restocking fee.
- Wrong Item Received
- Please contact us immediately. Bill at 240-367-6067 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an approved RMA.
- DO NOT OPEN THE ITEM!
- We will email you a return label. Once the item is received, we will provide a full refund or ship you the correct item if it’s still in stock.
- Damaged items
- If you receive an item that is physically damaged, please contact us immediately. Call Bill at 240-367-6067 or email@example.com
- Please take pictures of the shipping package, and the item. If you receive a package that looks like it was thrown off a building, please take pictures so we can make a claim. Be sure that you can see the shipping label in one of the pictures. You can text or email the pictures.
- Once we review the pictures we will decide how to proceed.
- Defective Items
- If you receive an item that is defective out of the box, please contact us immediately. Call Bill at 240-367-6067 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an RMA
- For defective items out of the box, we will send you a return label after we issue an RMA.
- If your product stops working after use, please contact the manufacturer for a warranty repair.
- Non-Returnable Items
- Crazy Model Trains is not responsible for manufacturer defects such as paint color, paint smudges, glue marks, or other manufacturing imperfections. For these types of issues please contact the manufacturer.
- Defective Electronics must be returned to the manufacturer. This includes (Digital Command Control) DCC Controllers, DCC decoders, Power Boosters, DC Controllers, Auto-Reversing Units, or any other type of signal or control circuit boards.
- Electronics/Circuit Boards can be easily damaged from static electricity, short circuit, improper hookup, overload, or damaging a component on the board. Improper use can void a warranty.